CSSPs must recertify every three years. A recertification cycle runs from January 1 of the first full year of certification to December 31 of the third year (e.g., January 1, 2023, to December 31, 2025). Certificants must complete continuing education and professional development activities, submit documentation of these activities for approval, and pay the recertification fee.
Continuing Education and Professional Development Requirements
CSSPs must complete 90 credits of continuing education and professional development activities per certification cycle and submit documentation at least 90 days before their certification cycle ends. All activities must relate to the exam domains:
- Business and Facility Management
- Emergency Planning
- Emergency Management
- Legal and Regulatory
- Crowd Management
- Security Principles and Practice
- Educational activities must comprise a minimum of 50% of the 90 recertification credits (i.e., at least 45 credits).
- Professional contributions in security-related fields may account for up to, but no more than, 50% of the 90 recertification credits (i.e., no more than 45 credits).
See the CSSP Candidate Handbook for a list of acceptable educational activities, professional contributions, and the number of credit hours for each.Sign In
Annual Recertification Fee: $110
Three-Year Recertification Fee: $330 (i.e., $110 per year for three years)
CSSPs have two payment options:
- Pay $110 annually
- Pay $330 at the beginning of your recertification cycle
The NCS4 will email you an invoice in November/December for the upcoming year (e.g., you will receive an invoice in November/December 2022 for 2023) or certification cycle (e.g., you will receive an invoice in November/December 2022 for the January 1, 2023, to December 31, 2025, certification cycle). Your payment is due by January 31 of the year for which it applies. Payments for three years at the beginning of the certification cycle are due by January 31 of the first year.
See the CSSP Candidate Handbook for fee details.