MGT-404: Sports and Special Events Incident Management
TWO DAYS (16 HOURS)
This course emphasizes the unique aspects of response to an incident occurring during a sports/special event, including considerations for business continuity and after-action activities. You will learn the skills necessary to effectively manage an incident by applying and implementing a multi-disciplinary management team approach as described in the National Incident Management System (NIMS). At the end of the course, a practical application exercise can be customized to the facility where the course is held.
This course has a limited offering with priority to large venue sporting and special events.
This course represents a cooperative effort between The University of Southern Mississippi’s National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (USM/NCS⁴) and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service’s National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center (TEEX/NERRTC), a member of the Texas A&M University System.
- Incident Management for Sports/Special Events
- National Incident Management System
- Business Continuity Considerations
- After Action Reporting
- Incident Action Planning
- Resource Management Process
- Athletic Departments
- Operators of Large Arenas/Venues
- Campus Emergency Management, Administration, Environmental Health and Safety, Public Affairs and Sports Information, and Physical Plant/Public Works
- Local Elected Officials
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services
- Law Enforcement
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Public Health
- Public Works
- Other State and Local Agency Representatives
- Media Representatives
- IS-200.B: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents, ICS-200 or equivalent basic Incident Command System training
- AWR-167: Sport and Special Event Risk Management or equivalent training/experience
Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class. Register online here.
|Start Date||Completion Date||City||Online Registration|
|Dec 13, 2022||Dec 14, 2022||Ann Arbor, MI||Click Here|
|Jan 31, 2023||Feb 1, 2023||Houston, TX||Click Here|
|Feb 21, 2023||Feb 22, 2023||Oxford, AL||Click Here|
|Mar 1, 2023||Mar 2, 2023||Jacksonville, FL||Click Here|
|Mar 14, 2023||Mar 15, 2023||Oxford, OH||Click Here|
|Apr 3, 2023||Apr 4, 2023||San Diego, CA||Click Here|
|Apr 25, 2023||Apr 26, 2023||Virginia Beach, VA||Click Here|
|Apr 26, 2023||Apr 27, 2023||Lauderdale Lakes, FL||Click Here|
For more information regarding training, e-mail us at email@example.com.