MGT-404: Sports and Special Events Incident Management
TWO DAYS (16 HOURS)
This course emphasizes the unique aspects of response to an incident occurring during a sports/special event, including considerations for business continuity and after-action activities. You will learn the skills necessary to effectively manage an incident by applying and implementing a multi-disciplinary management team approach as described in the National Incident Management System (NIMS). At the end of the course, a practical application exercise can be customized to the facility where the course is held.
This course has a limited offering with priority to large venue sporting and special events.
This course represents a cooperative effort between The University of Southern Mississippi’s National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (USM/NCS⁴) and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service’s National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center (TEEX/NERRTC), a member of the Texas A&M University System.
- Incident Management for Sports/Special Events
- National Incident Management System
- Business Continuity Considerations
- After Action Reporting
- Incident Action Planning
- Resource Management Process
- Athletic Departments
- Operators of Large Arenas/Venues
- Campus Emergency Management, Administration, Environmental Health and Safety, Public Affairs and Sports Information, and Physical Plant/Public Works
- Local Elected Officials
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services
- Law Enforcement
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Public Health
- Public Works
- Other State and Local Agency Representatives
- Media Representatives
- IS-200.B: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents, ICS-200 or equivalent basic Incident Command System training
- AWR-167: Sport and Special Event Risk Management or equivalent training/experience
Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class. Register online here.
|Start Date||Completion Date||City||Online Registration|
|Nov 7, 2023||Nov 8, 2023||Richmond, KY||Click Here|
|Nov 8, 2023||Nov 9, 2023||Erie, PA||Click Here|
|Dec 5, 2023||Dec 6, 2023||Glendale, AZ||Click Here|
|Dec 12, 2023||Dec 13, 2023||Washington, DC||Click Here|
|Jan 17, 2024||Jan 18, 2024||Virginia Beach, VA||Click Here|
|Jan 17, 2024||Jan 18, 2024||Weslaco, TX||Click Here|
|Jan 23, 2024||Jan 24, 2024||Salt Lake City, UT||Click Here|
|Feb 7, 2024||Feb 8, 2024||Kalispell, MT||Click Here|
|Feb 14, 2024||Feb 15, 2024||Gainesville, FL||Click Here|
|Feb 21, 2024||Feb 22, 2024||San Francisco, CA||Click Here|
|Mar 26, 2024||Mar 27, 2024||Kyle, TX||Click Here|
|Apr 2, 2024||Apr 3, 2024||Aurora, IL||Click Here|
|Apr 9, 2024||Apr 10, 2024||Conway, AR||Click Here|
|Apr 9, 2024||Apr 10, 2024||Houston, TX||Click Here|
For more information regarding training, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.