Best Practices Guides🔗
The National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS⁴) at The University of Southern Mississippi recognizes the inherent need for providing effective safety and security measures for sports and special events of all sizes. To promote a consistent methodology for risk management and security planning, the Center hosts annual forums for professional sport and entertainment facilitates, intercollegiate athletics, interscholastic athletics and after-school activities, and marathon and endurance events.
During these forums, representatives from event management, facilities operations, law enforcement, emergency management, fire, emergency medical services, technology firms, and public safety agencies discuss current safety and security issues, identify solutions, and propose future best practices through professional collaboration. The forums are an invaluable opportunity to discuss common challenges with other professionals, share lessons learned, and identify innovative solutions to help improve current safety and security operations.
Moderated discussions with security experts during the forums, along with supplemental academic research, contribute to the development of safety and security best practice guidebooks.
As the latest COMPLIMENTARY versions of the best practices guides become available we will be sharing them here:
- Marathon and Running Events Safety and Security Best Practices Guide (6th Edition, 2020)
- Intercollegiate Athletics Safety & Security Best Practices Guide (7th Edition, 2020)
- Interscholastic Athletics and After-School Activities Safety and Security Best Practices Guide (6th Edition, 2020)
- Professional Sports Safety & Security Best Practices Guide (5th Edition, 2020)
- COVID-19 Considerations for Sports and Entertainment Venues and Events (2020)