MGT-475: Crowd Management for Sport and Special Events🔗
This course will provide participants with tools and techniques for conducting crowd management and crowd control. Participants will engage in scenario-based activities designed to expand their ability to resolve risks related to crowd management and crowd control. The training is applicable across the United States regardless of the venue size, capacity, or type of event. Those who successfully complete this course should be able to use this training to develop or improve crowd management and crowd control programs for any sport or special event.
This course represents a cooperative effort between The University of Southern Mississippi's National Center for Spectator Sports Security and Safety (USM/NCS⁴) and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service's National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center (TEEX/NERRTC), a member of The Texas A&M University System.
- Sport Venue Managers
- Emergency Managers
- Law Enforcement
- Fire and EMS Responders
- Local Government
- County/City Emergency Personnel
- Venue or Event Security
- Visitors/Welcome Bureau
- Mass Transit
- Committee Organizers
- Event Planners/Promoters
- Crowd Management/Control Strategies
- Prepared Planning vs Impromptu Planning
- Characteristics Affecting Crowd Dynamics
- Individual and Collective Behavior
- Factors of Crowd Dynamics
- Tools and Technology
- Crowd Management and Crowd Control Differences
- Volunteer Service Organizers
- AWR-167: Sport and Special Event Risk Management
- IS-100: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IC-700: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- IC-800: National Response Framework, an Introduction
Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class. Register online here.
|Start Date||Completion Date||City||Online Registration||There are no upcoming or active classes at this time.|
For more information regarding training, e-mail us at email@example.com.