Sport and Special Event Public Information and Emergency Notification (MGT-467)
The Methodologies and techniques used to deliver timely and accurate information in a complex, dynamic information environment is challenging to any community or organization hosting a mass gathering. This course brings planners, operators, communication processionals, government, public safety, and marketing professionals together in an effort to prepare and/or enhance venue and event communication programs. The course prescribes best practices to common communication pitfalls and provides flexible and scalable solutions to a wide-range of scenarios.
1. IS-100.b- Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
2. IS-200.b- ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
3. ICS-300- Intermediate Incident Command System (ICS) for Expanding Incidents
4. ICS-400- Advanced Incident Command System (ICS), Command and General Staff Complex Incidents
4. IS-700.a- National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
5. IS-800.b- National Response Framework, An Introduction
- Venue Executives/Managers
- Event Planner
- Venue Operations
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Media Services
- Special Event Officers/Liaisons
- Emergency Management
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Executive Leadership
- Law Enforcement
Two Days (16 Hours)
Courses are currently being scheduled for delivery after January 1, 2020. Schedule temporarily unavailable.
For more information, please contact NCS4Train@usm.edu
DHS/FEMA has directed the implementation of the Federal SID for all HSNTP granted funded participants beginning October 01, 2012. In order to register for these courses, it will be required to have a Federal SID.