MGT 440: Enhanced Sports and Special Events Incident Management🔗
This course is scenario based, focusing on event planning, incident management, and policy level decision making. The course is intended to prepare participants for the response to a large scale incident during sporting or special events. Participants will engage in three all-hazard, simulation supported (Biological, Mass Casualty, Active Shooter, Improvised Explosive Device (IED), Hazmat, or natural disaster), emergency response exercises to hone individual and team decision-making skills from a Policy Group, Emergency Operations Center (EOC), and Incident Command Post perspective.
This course represents a cooperative effort between The University of Southern Mississippi's National Center for Spectator Sports Security and Safety (USM/NCS⁴) and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service's National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center (TEEX/NERRTC), a member of The Texas A&M University System.
- Athletic departments
- Executive management/owners
- Operators of large arenas/venues
- Campus emergency management, administration, environmental health and safety, public affairs and sports information, and physical plan/public works
- Local elected officials
- Fire Service
- Emergency medical services
- Law enforcement
- Non-governmental organizations
- Public health
- Public works
- Hospitals, medical centers
- Other state and local agency representatives
- Incident management for sports/special events
- National Incident Management System
- Business continuity considerations
- After action reporting
- Incident action planning
- Resource management process
- IS-100.b - Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
- IS-200.b- ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- ICS-300- Intermediate Incident Command System (ICS) for Expanding Incidents
- ICS-400- Advanced Incident Command System (ICS), Command and General Staff Complex Incidents
- IS-700.a- National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-800.b- National Response Framework, An Introduction
- MGT-404, Sports and Special Event Incident Management
Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class. Register online here.
|Start Date||Completion Date||City||Online Registration||There are no upcoming or active classes at this time.|
For more information regarding training, e-mail us at email@example.com.