MGT-440: Enhanced Sport and Special Events Incident Management🔗
This course is scenario-based, focusing on event planning, incident management, and policy-level decision-making. The course is intended to prepare participants for the response to a large scale incident during sporting or special events. Participants will engage in three all-hazard, simulation-supported (Biological, Mass Casualty, Active Shooter, Improvised Explosive Device (IED), HAZMAT, or natural disaster), emergency response exercises to hone individual and team decision-making skills from a Policy Group, Emergency Operations Center (EOC), and Incident Command Post perspective.
This course represents a cooperative effort between The University of Southern Mississippi's National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (USM/NCS⁴) and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service's National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center (TEEX/NERRTC), a member of the Texas A&M University System.
- Event Action Planning
- Incident Action Planning
- Critical Considerations
- Governance and Strategic Policy Considerations
- Evacuation and Sheltering
- Athletic Departments
- Executive Management/Owners
- Operators of Large Arenas/Venues
- Campus Emergency Management, Administration, Environmental Health and Safety, Public Affairs and Sports Information, and Physical Plant/Public Works
- Local Elected Officials
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services
- Law Enforcement
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Public Health
- Public Works
- Hospitals, Medical Centers
- Other State and Local Agency Representatives
- A working knowledge of Incident Command System (ICS) and Emergency Operations Center (EOC) processes is highly recommended. IS-700.A, IS-800.B, IS-100.B., IS-200.B, ICS-300
Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class. Register online here.
|Start Date||Completion Date||City||Online Registration|
|Aug 9, 2022||Aug 11, 2022||St. Paul, MN||Click Here|
|Aug 23, 2022||Aug 25, 2022||Orange County, CA||Click Here|
|Sep 13, 2022||Sep 15, 2022||Las Vegas, NV||Click Here|
|Sep 27, 2022||Sep 29, 2022||Savannah, GA||Click Here|
|Apr 18, 2023||Apr 20, 2023||San Diego, CA||Click Here|
For more information regarding training, e-mail us at email@example.com.