MGT 412: Sport Venue Evacuation and Protective Actions🔗
The Sport Venue Evacuation and Protective Actions Course will provide assistance to sport venue managers to prepare and/or enhance evacuation planning capabilities to assist emergency responders in implementing flexible and scalable protective measures for evacuation and sheltering-in-place.
This innovative course helps venue operators, first responders, emergency managers, law enforcement, contractors, promoters, and owners of events to collaborate on evacuation and sheltering plans with actionable decision criteria that can be adapted for almost any event. These measures can be used in isolation or in response to a larger, multi-agency response initiative.
This course represents a cooperative effort between The University of Southern Mississippi's National Center for Spectator Sports Security and Safety (USM/NCS⁴) and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service's National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center (TEEX/NERRTC), a member of The Texas A&M University System.
- Public safety agencies
- Risk management personnel
- Emergency management
- Event management and operations
- Athletic departments
- Host community response agencies
- Venue owners and operators
- Multi-agency collaboration
- Risk assessment
- Sport security planning
- Protective measures
- Sport event staff training
- Continuous improvement
- IS-100.B: Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS), an introduction
- IS-15.B: Special Events Contingency Planning for Public Safety Agencies
- S-200.B: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-800.B: National Response Framework, an Introduction
Attendees are also encouraged, but not required, to have completed Sport Event Risk Management (AWR-167) or equivalent training/experience.
Students must register and bring a copy of their SID number to class. Register online here.
|Start Date||Completion Date||City||Online Registration|
|Jul 7, 2022||Jul 8, 2022||Las Cruces, NM||Click Here|
|Jul 12, 2022||Jul 13, 2022||McDonough, GA||Click Here|
|Jul 19, 2022||Jul 20, 2022||Los Angeles, CA||Click Here|
|Jul 20, 2022||Jul 21, 2022||Orlando, FL||Click Here|
|Jul 27, 2022||Jul 28, 2022||Notre Dame, IN||Click Here|
|Aug 23, 2022||Aug 24, 2022||Houston, TX||Click Here|
|Aug 24, 2022||Aug 25, 2022||Augusta, GA||Click Here|
For more information regarding training, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.