Frequently Asked Questions🔗
How is the Certified Sports Venue Staff Certification (CSVS) certification program different from other certification programs?🔗
The CSVS program is the nation's first comprehensive sport and special event security credential for front line venue and event staff. The simple, efficient, and affordable package provides monthly employee background monitoring, baseline staff training, and security screening, reporting, and vetting for your staff in one single package. The three components of CSVS are:
- Online training for front line venue staff
- Commercial background check
- Continuous applicant monthly background monitoring
CSVS is the only certification in the country that blends front line venue staff training with a comprehensive monthly monitored background check.
What front line venue staff roles does Certified Sports Venue Staff Certification train and test?🔗
The CSVS program offers a flexible online format for enrolled venue staff to train and test core fundamentals and role specific competencies. Enrolled applicants can be assigned the following modules:
- Guest Services Representatives
- Gate Security
- Ticket Takers
- Retail Associates
- Parking Attendants
- Cleaning Attendants
- Concessions Staff
Can other CSVS modules be added to the certification?🔗
Yes! Customized modules can be assigned to active program participants at no extra cost.
Customized modules can be as simple as a PDF document that the applicant views or as comprehensive as a stadium evacuation plan with a required test to complete.
Do all training modules include a test?🔗
Yes. All of the CSVS core modules require the applicant to pass a test at the end of each module. Applicants must pass the test with a score of 100% in order to receive a certificate.
What is the cost of the CSVS certification program?🔗
The CSVS is a three (3) year certification program.
- Year 1 - $26 per new applicant or certification credentialing renewal. This price includes a commercial background check, online training, and continuous monthly monitoring for the year.
- Year 2 - $10 annual fee for each previously enrolled, active participant. It includes access to online training and continuous monthly monitoring for the second year.
- Year 3 - $10 annual fee for each previously enrolled, active participant. It includes access to online training and continuous monthly monitoring for the third year.
At the end of the initial three (3) year certification, each enrolled venue staff member's certification credentials may be renewed for another three (3) years after paying the renewal fee (based on the most current rate at the time of renewal).
*Pricing does not include county and/or state court related pass thru fees.
How long do checks typically take?🔗
Background reports typically take one to two days after receiving all the necessary information and authorizations from the applicants.
- Once the reports are returned to the applicants, the applicants have up to five days to dispute or explain any information contained in the reports.
- If an applicant elects not to dispute or accepts the information, then the employer can review the report results immediately.
What additional screening options are available?🔗
Additional screening options are available at an additional cost. These are the options available:
- Motor Vehicle Registry Search
- Education Verification - Highest Degree Earned
- Employment Verification - Per Employer
- Reference Verification - Per Reference
- Professional License Verification
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
What payment methods are accepted?🔗
Payment is made using PayPal services. Using PayPal, payments can be made via PayPal balance, PayPal credit, bank accounts, credit cards, and debit cards. A PayPal account is not required to use this service.
Does the background screening comply with Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines and regulations?🔗
Yes. The CSVS is powered by REDTAIL® which is completely FCRA and EEOC compliant. REDTAIL® assists organizations in their own FCRA and EEOC compliance by providing customizable Pre and Post Adverse notices which can be then sent via REDTAIL® automatically.